This is part of the Secret Recipe Club. Recipe source: Cook Book of Trial and Error
- 350g peeled potatoes
- 75 ml milk
- 350g smoked fish
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml dijon mustard
- 115 g breadcrumbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, mash with milk and season to taste.
2. Dice the smoked fish. Add it to the mashed potato, along with the lemon juice and mustard. Mix well.
3. Shape the mixture into fish cakes and coat with crumbs. Chill for about 30 minutes
4. Shallow fry the fish cakes until golden brown on each side